Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mythmon
My Device: Not Specified

Default contact phone number?

When I type a contact's name from the home page, the phone brings up the list of contacts and starts filtering by what I type.

Once I stop, it selects whatever is at the top of the list, and expands out to show that contact's numbers.

My problem is that they are always in the order "Work", "Home", "Mobile". Is there any way to change this order? I have been searching around and have come to the discouraging conclusion that the order is hard coded in the phone's software. This is dissapointing, because even my previous cheap dumb-phone could set default numbers for each contact.

I rarely actually want to cal/text the work number for each contact, and usually it the mobile contact that I realy want.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Default contact phone number?

Unfortunately there is no way of changing this :smileysad: I guess smartphones aren't all that smart :smileyvery-happy:

I still love my curve though! It isn't the perfect device, but then again it is rare to find one device that precisely meets everyone's needs.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

However--fortunately--your smartphone is brilliant enough to remember the LAST number for that contact you called, and the next time you press the Green dial key and enter that persons name, it will default to the last number you called for that contact.

:smileyhappy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
javeri
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Tata Indicom

This is a real seriousproblem, Why can't we assign a number as default. Then we can just type the name and just presss "dial" should just go through ?

Please use plain text.