Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Super Contributor
huntmarv
My Device: Not Specified

Defrag.

Anyone know if this actually works or will I be wasting my time???
Found this info on the web...

Connect your Micro-SD card to the computer. Since the Micro-SD card will hold all your transient data (as well as axillary applications) this is what will need to be defragmented for your phone to work properly. There are two ways to connect your Micro-SD card to the computer. The first way is to take your Micro-SD card out of the BlackBerry and insert it into a standard SD adapter. Then put the adapter into a SD card slot or SD adapter for your computer. When the SD Card is connected, it will be accessible via the My Computer area. The second way to connect your SD card to the computer is to connect your BlackBerry to the computer via a mini-USB cord, and then select the BlackBerry from the My Computer section. Once you have opened the BlackBerry, select the SD memory card.

Open your computer's Defragmentation utility. This is found in the Programs menu, under the "System tools" section which is found in the "Accessories" tab.

Select your SD card from the list of available drives. Alternately, you can go to the "My Computer" section of the computer, select your SD card from the list, and then right click on it. Then click on the "Properties" option from the sub-menu. Go over to the "Tools" tab, and then press the "Defragment now" button.

Press the "Defragment" button at the bottom of the screen. Since Micro SD cards do not exceed 8 GB in size, the process should be fairly brief, taking no more than 30 minutes for heavily fragmented cards. Once the process is complete, you may disconnect your SD card, and if you removed it from the BlackBerry, reinsert it.
New Contributor
alyblueyz
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Defrag.

[ Edited ]

1> I just hook (via USB CORD) my 9810 Torch (zinc) up to my computer, sync everything to Blackberry Desktop Manager.

2> Do a complete sync/backup.

3>Put your cursor on START, then click thru all of these:  START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, DISK DEFRAGMENTER.

4> In the DISK DEFRAGMENTER , click on ANALYZE DISK, if the storage is more than 10% fragmented, click the DEFRAGMENT DISK button....

Disk Defragmenter might take from several minutes to a few hours to finish, depending on the size and degree of fragmentation of your hard disk.

The BB storage shows as 2 separate drives.  You DO NOT need to take the SD card OUT and do it separately.

Each "drive" does need  to be done...

EASY AS CAN BE!