Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
tdurso
Accepted Solution

Delete All Emails

Hey there. Anyone know a simple way that I can delete all emails on

my BlackBerry without messing up the emails on my desktop computer?

I do not find any feature that allows me to select all, or delete all, etc.

Maybe I can't see the forest through the trees... Please help.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sibusisom

Re: Delete All Emails

First thing first, you need to set your device sothat when you delete email from the device it does not delete on the desktop as well.

Go to your email messages > click menu> scroll down to options> email reconciliation> change option delete on: to handheld.

Save your options.

Delete mail from device then.

My Blackberry keeps blue screening on me.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Without changing any settings you first just select the top date heading, hit the trackball, then choose Delete Prior. Doing so will delete all messages from that date and back from the device, and the emails on your email client will be unaffected.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sibusisom

Kudos to that, i didn't know you can do that. We learn everyday don't we:smileywink:
My Blackberry keeps blue screening on me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdurso

Awesome! Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdurso

Great! Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdurso

Hi. Cannot seem to activate that green box to click off that I accepted your

solution!

I'll get the knack of this soon....

Please use plain text.
sam01m
My Carrier: Sprint

Hmmm, here's a new twist to this problem. Somehow or another the date on my Blackberry got set to be about 6-months into the future. It must have happened when I synched with my laptop... anyway, I've since corrected it, but now I have about 4-days worth of emails and messages that appear under July ??, 2010 and when all my new stuff comes in, it's buried about 5-days deep. So I figured the only way to get caught back up was to delete prior to July ??, 2010, but it won't delete anything. It says "deleting" but nothing disappears. I assumed it had something to do with deleting prior to July 2010, when today is only February 2010, but I temporarily changed the Blackberry date to August 2010 and tried to delete prior to July ??, 2010, but still the same response.

Please use plain text.