Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Delete icon/application

please i tried installing google Authenticator from www.m.google.com on my blackberry phone 9300 then i noticed an icon with the name "African movies in your pocket" . please i can't delete it as it has no delete option in the menu. Please I need to delete this icon as i don't know what it is. i have tried resetting my phone to factory setting but still it didn't delete. please any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Delete icon/application

More than likely this is just a shortcut to the installer for this app, pushed to your phone by your carrier - the actual app itself is not installed. 

You can highlight it, press the menu key and select Hide to hide it from  your menu view if you like. 

New Contributor

Thanks a lot. My fear is a malware or a phishing software. i just want to know what it is all about. my worst fear is a software that will send out mail from my mail box on my behalf or to sell my transaction detail. i just need to get it out. yes clicking on it takes me to a site that asked me to install the app. i want to get it out.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

It sounds like something your carrier has pushed to your device and if its linking to an install site you have no worry of malware etc on your phone. 

If your carrier has pushed it then there is no way to remove it. 

New Contributor

thanks alot. you were more than helpful. i sincerely appreciate.