Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Huh
Huh
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodoo

Deleting Facebook icon and Facebook messages.

[ Edited ]

EDIT:  A hard reset (remove the battery while the BB is on) seems to have worked.  I say seemed since it has been reported on this board that it may return when the "service books" are updated...

I'm new to BBs.  I just purchased it today and against my better judgment installed FAcebook (FB).  After getting a deluge of mindless drivel pushed to my new BB I decided FB was not coming near my BB again.

So I found the icon - menu - delete.  I restart the BB as instructed and to my surprise the icon is still there.I tried to move the icon into a folder but I don't know how to move it because the menu button does nothing when I select the icon and press menu.  :smileyfrustrated:

And there are some FB messages too.  I deleted the FB messages - when I check my messages it reports I have no messages in FB ... BUT there is a little FB icon at the top of the screen showing one message.  This one message seems to be relic but I have no idea how to reset or delete it.

I also tried the BB desktop software.  It shows that it is uninstalled.  There appears to be no way of deleting icon, moving the icon, or deleting the FB message indicator either.

How do I remove these FB stains from my BB?  

Thanks in advance!

H

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Re: Deleting Facebook icon and Facebook messages.

go to options - application management and delete the facebook app from there, deleteing the FB icon off your home screen, does not remove the app from you phone
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.