Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

timnfaith
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Deleting Information - Time Deadline

I had a problem with my trackball, and was sent a replacement phone.  I have to return the old phone but want to make sure I get all of my personal information, i.e. email and facebook passwords, etc., off of it before returning it, and I have already setup my new phone, so do not have access to the internet on the old phone.....HELP!!!
Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Re: Deleting Information - Time Deadline

timnfaith wrote:
I had a problem with my trackball, and was sent a replacement phone.  I have to return the old phone but want to make sure I get all of my personal information, i.e. email and facebook passwords, etc., off of it before returning it, and I have already setup my new phone, so do not have access to the internet on the old phone.....HELP!!!

Hi timnfaith;

You can use the 4.5 or 4.6 Desktop Manager and use the switch device wizard. It will copy everything to your new phone. It sounds like you have already done some of this. Once you complete this process, it will transfer your current information to your replacement phone. Do a backup of your old phone. Wipe your old phone before you send it back. OPTIONS / SECURITY / GENERAL SETTINGS / Wipe Handheld.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Deleting Information - Time Deadline

Wipe the device....go to options...security.....general....menu key....wipe handheld.  This will clean the device of all personal info.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Visitor
kpete

Re: Deleting Information - Time Deadline BB7520

the instructions to clear on 7520: OPTIONS, SECURITY OPTIONS, GENERAL SETTINGS, TRACKWHEEL MENU, HIGHLIGHT: WIPE HANDHELD, CONTINUE, wipes all personal info.
golden

Re: Deleting Information - Time Deadline BB7520

Hi

I want to just delete personal pictures.  I deleted them so I dont see them in the Camera area, but Im sure they are still stored somewhere.  Will this Wipe Handheld do this?  I still need to use this BB for work, so I want to make sure Im not deleting anything that will make the phone not work or email. 

Thank you so much!