Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
revaddict
My Device: Not Specified

Deleting file in Documents to Go

Not knowing that Documents to Go doesn't support Word 2007, I downloaded such a file onto my BB.  Then when I went to open it, of course I found that it wouldn't work, so I solved the problem by downloading a compatibility mode version of the same file.

But how do I delete the Word 2007 file?  When I connect BB to my computer via USB cable and run Desktop Manager, the manager doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the file--which is clearly still there according to my BB.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Deleting file in Documents to Go

It's not possible to erase any particular file in a application unless this file appears separately in your application list. To find it go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
revaddict

It's not possible to erase any particular file?  I was able to erase the aforementioned Compatibility Mode file in Documents to Go.

As for the suggestion you gave, I went to Options > Advanced Options > Applications.  I find a list of all the applications on my BB, but no particular file within any applications.

Does this mean my BB will forever hold a useless file?

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

In that case you need to uninstall the Documents To Go application and reinstall it again.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
jwolfe99
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310 Red

This is strange or I have it backwards. On mine I can get and view 2007 files but not the earlier versions, tells me not compatible or something. Does Docs to Go use 2007 or earlier formats for Word and Excel, I am confused now.

Julian

Contributor
Ianhar
My Device: Curve 8310

You need to go to Datavis.com and look for Documents To Go Standard Edition for BlackBerry, English, version 1.005, this is the latest update.

It is backward compatible with 2003 as I have been using it both for 2003 and 2007 word and excel files.

When you accept a solution from anyone could you please select the appropriate box.
Also, select the appropriate Kudos box and click it for the person’s solution you accepted thank you.

Ian H
stanman

Hi, I had the same problem. Found the file by going into Media and selecting Explore and then found the file and deleted it.  Stan
lere20
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Had faced similar problem, go to media>menu>explore>media card>documents>briefly hold on your file>click on delete