Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
karl8695
My Device: curve 9330

Deleting googlemail account from home screen

Hi all, please help.

I have passed on my Blackberry 8520 (PAYG) to my wife and with her own SIM has now paid for blackberry services through Orange. All is well, except that alongside her googlemail icon on the home screen remains my original gmail account icon. How can I delete this? I have gone to email settings and can only find my wife's email account listed, which makes sense as we added this email account to the phone recently. I simply cannot remove this now defunct old googlemail icon from the home screen. Any ideas?

Thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Deleting googlemail account from home screen

Hello karl8695

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you performed a wipe on your old device before passing it on to your wife ? 

If not do a backup of your old device using BlackBerry Desktop Software , then perform a security wipe which will remove any previous email account that is associated with that device. After a wipe you can use the BlackBerry ID of your wife on that device. :

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option

Do let me know , if I misunderstood your post.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
karl8695
My Device: curve 9330

Thanks, you understand just fine. I was trying to remove the icon without a security wipe, but realise that this might be the only option.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello karl8695

I also don't prefer a device wipe , but in some cases it is compulsary. We can use only one BlackBerry ID at a time on any device.  If you need some help regarding backup then you can refer to this Article  How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once it is done you can go ahead .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.