Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Smokey59
My Device: Curve 9300

Deleting music

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please help me in rectifying a problem that I am having, I am trying to delete all of my 644 songs on my blackberry curve 9300 and reinstalling the songs that I have on my itunes.

I have tried to do this and I can't seem to get them totally gone from my blackberry.

I originally had 344 songs and now it seems to keep resaving them on the phone but they are only 1 minute long.

What am I doing wrong.  If someone could please help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Smokey59

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Deleting music

Hi and welcome to the forums!

How are you removing the songs from the device?

I use the "drag and drop" method in Windows computer it's very simple.

Make sure you delete any instance if a file named BBTHUMBS.dat which is a library reference file.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB26203 BlackBerry smartphone ringtones will not play

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Smokey59
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Deleting music

Hello Bifocals,

Thank you so much for telling me how to do this, unfortunately I can't get the drag and drop to work.

I was just deleting each song from my device.  I even tried to make a playlist and drop it on my phone and that didn't work either.

I am getting very frustrated with this and now I have made the numbers of songs down to 266 instead of 644.

If you could please let me know if there is a place that I could go and see how to do the drag and drop, I would greatly appreciated it.

Thanks

Smokey59

Please use plain text.