Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

lucille
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Singtel

Deleting read-only pictures

I've already deleted pictures in my media card, but however in "all pictures"
mode, I still see the old *and ugly* files there.  Have tried to delete them, but my phone says it can't do that since it is read only.    What should I do?:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandiholder
My Device: bb curve 8530
My Carrier: sprint

Re: Deleting read-only pictures

I have the same issue - people here are so nice and will be watching for a response

Please use plain text.
rachaeell
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hello, does anyone know how to delete these read only pictures? They keep multiplying and non will delete. Its driving me crazy. :/

Please use plain text.
yoshmeister
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

I found this through trial and error. I did it twice just to make sure it really did work, and sure enough it did. Absent a software fix that could be developed by Blackberry to combat this problem, here's the process in how to delete read-only pictures for good.

1. Turn off the phone.

2. Open the battery cover.

3. Remove the battery, then place it back in after a few seconds.

4. Close battery cover and turn on your phone (it takes a while to power up and reboot)

5. Use the menu button, then Go to "Media" folder, then "Pictures," and select "All Pictures"

6. All those read-only images will have disappeared! :smileytongue:

Let me know if this has worked for all of you on your carriers! :smileyhappy: I have a Curve 8530 with my carrier as Sprint.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandiholder
My Device: bb curve 8530
My Carrier: sprint

:smileywink: Thank you I tried that and it worked

Please use plain text.
Michelle-m
My Device: Bold 9700

This worked for me, I have the blackberry bold 9700 and was getting frustrated at not been able to delete these read only pictures, great help thanks so much

Please use plain text.
chengkm
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a Curve 9330 (no media card). I moved some pictures to a hidden folder, and I deleted other pictures. However, these pictures are now reappearing in the original Pictures folder as read only, and I can't delete them. I've tried taking the battery out and waiting for a minute or two several times, and it hasn't worked. Help?

Please use plain text.
nikki310169
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Thank you to yoshmeister...this worked on my phone too

1. Turn off the phone.

2. Open the battery cover.

3. Remove the battery, then place it back in after a few seconds.

4. Close battery cover and turn on your phone (it takes a while to power up and reboot)

5. Use the menu button, then Go to "Media" folder, then "Pictures," and select "All Pictures"

6. All those read-only images will have disappeared! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charleighrain
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: globe

Is it always like this for a bb phone camera?, photos are for read only....I keep on getting errors whenever i transfer photos on my pc....its really frustrating.

The video on my phone isn't working properly too...guys please help me, but please do not advise me to buy a new phone. thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charleighrain
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: globe

Is it always like this for a black berry phone camera?, photos are for read only....I keep on getting errors whenever i transfer photos on my pc....its really frustrating.

The video on my phone isn't working properly too...guys please help me, but please do not advise me to buy a new phone. thanks

Please use plain text.