Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
woody084
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager V4.7 Error Code 0x80040057

During sync between the Desktop Manager v4.7 and my Curve (my first BB 1 week old and loving it) I receive error message 0x80040057.  This comes up after trying to sync my contacts.  I have tried to find a listing of error codes on the original CD as well as online but I am coming up blank.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  My other questions have been answered so far by just looking at past postings.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Desktop Manager V4.7 Error Code 0x80040057

I would try downgrading to 4.6, I've read other people having curve problems with 4.7 too.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

on you PC, where are your contacts ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
woody084
My Device: Not Specified

To be truthful I don't know where the data is being backed up on the PC.  I am sure there is a default location but so far I have not discovered it.  I have always kept my contacts (around 100) on my cell and never on the pc.  With the purchase of the BB and with the Desktop Mgr I thought it would be a good idea to start backing up the info.

Yesterday I did find out the Google would sync between Gmail and BB so I tried it and it works great and it sync's both directions where it appears Desktop Mgr only goes one way.

Now my question is why should I use Desktop Mgr at all?  Gmail and BB are backing up my contacts and calendar entries so I am wondering if I should work with Desktop Mgr for other reasons?

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

Woody084

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Google applications are quite powerful today.
you can use Google Mail + Google Calendar and synchronize email, contacts, and calendar events with your blackberry device.

Some people prefer a desktop PIM (personal information manager).

you can use Desktop Manager just for backing up the content of your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.