Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kateinWA
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Msgr - connection password on reinstall

Hi -  hope someone can help.   I had two months of trouble-free operation and syncing with my HP laptop and BB 8330 Curve, all was well until I had to send the laptop in for hinge repair... well the service people also re-imaged my computer too.  (Gee thanks)  Meanwhile my BB is still getting email and functioning fine with the programs I loaded prior to this.  BUT - I would like to connect it back to the desktop manager too. 

So loaded the install disk and connected the BB via USB, it sees it but asks me for a password.  I put in the PW that does work to unlock the BB, but it does not recognize it.  What should I do - I've tried 6 times and don't want to wipe the device!!

Thanks,

Kate

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop Msgr - connection password on reinstall

There is nothing you can do. You can't UNrequire a password now.

Can you enter the pw correctly on the BB? Disable or change it to something simpler there on the BB.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
kateinWA

I did reset the BB to not require a PW.  But the desktop is still asking for one.   The one that DID work on the BB, did not on the desktop.   Should I now uninstall the Desktop Mgr and reinstall to try again and get 10 more attempts?  There is no "backup" to my data on BB, so I'd really like to not loose it!

Kate

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

I think that's the right way to go,

Use this link to make sure you have un-installed the DM cleanly on your system:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Power off the PC and reload the DM

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Paveblue

Hi I have the same issue on 8700g. My device password works fine to unlock my backberry and I can even change it. But when I connect to the desktop manager it asks me to enter it and it fails. As the failed attempts on the desktop rise (2/10, 3/10 etc) they do so on my blackberry handset as well but entering the same password on my handset unlocks the phone fine. Any help much appreciated