Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

d2dcd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Software 4.2.2 and Vista Home Premium

I have an 8310 and have downloaded 4.2.2 (the recommended version for Optus and the 8310) and installed it on a new ASUS laptop - it seems to install correctly and goes through the installation routine until 'Application Loader' comes up. Fine except when the screen gets to ‘connection’ there is nothing in the pull down menu and the ‘detect connections’ button is greyed out - the Blackberry is connected via USB and the laptop acknowledges it is connected on the desktop.

Even more frustrating is that there is no folder with the installed software shown in the Vista ‘All Programs’ window, yet I can see them listed in the Control Panel under ‘Programs and Features’ – which I've used to uninstall and then reinstall, but still no go. Thinking perhaps the problem was with 4.2.2 I've also tried with 4.5.0 and achieved exactly the same result except that when I left the Blackberry connected via USB2 and cable, restarted the laptop and then reinstalled the RIM software, I got a confirmation note that the phone had been updated and I was then prompted to go through the ‘Application Loader’ process - same result as before - nothing under the 'connections' menu and the 'discover connections' button greyed out.

Help please!

1. Why can't I see the programs in a folder under Vista Home Premium 'All Programs"?

2. How do I get the Blackberry to connect through the software (once I can see it, to relaunch it after installation)?

Any other thoughts would be gratefully acknowledged.

Thanks,

d2dcd   

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Desktop Software 4.2.2 and Vista Home Premium

[ Edited ]

your BB cant connect to your vista because 4.2 software comes with older drivers thanvista can recognize. 4.2 is not the best software for your device carrier

Software Download for Optus Mobile Pty Limited
Welcome Optus Customers.

Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8310 smartphone   BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (English & Chinese)

Package Version: 4.5.0.108
Consisting of:

• Applications: 4.5.0.81
  • Software Platform: 2.7.0.78
  • File name: 8310EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_Optus.exe
  • File size: 72.9MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

uninstall 4.2 from your PC,then download and install 4.5

Desktop manager software is installed to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\

in there you will find apploader which you can then run loader directly

let me know if those help

there are a few other tricks

Message Edited by drizzt09 on 05-18-2009 09:55 AM
Please use plain text.