Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Desktop software failed to install

Hello, 

This morning I plugged my blackberry curve 9360 into my mac OS X version 10.7.5. I have never had any issues or problems with my blackberry/mac before. My desktop software then told me that there was an update available (version 7. 1.0.2841).  I agreed to install these updates, however my phone "failed to initialize" and I was given the choice to cancel, retry or repair. However, none of these option accomplished anything and the same error message popped up many, many times. At this point I unplugged my phone, tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I plugged it back into my computer where i was told that there was no software on my phone (ahhhh!). At this point it recommended I install software, so I clicked yes, BUT, the process was unable to continue because my device would not initialize. At this point I received a message that simply said desktop software failed to install. 

I cannot turn my phone on and cannot install any software. Help! What can I try to deal with this problem?

Thank you so much, 

Hannah 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.3.1.2726)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Desktop software failed to install

Hello HannahS

The latest version of the OS for your 9360 is 7.1.0.1033

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1905AEDAB9BF2477EDC068A355BBA31A

Remember to update your Blackberry via Loader.

Regards.

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14