If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
HannahS
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Desktop software failed to install

Hello, 

This morning I plugged my blackberry curve 9360 into my mac OS X version 10.7.5. I have never had any issues or problems with my blackberry/mac before. My desktop software then told me that there was an update available (version 7. 1.0.2841).  I agreed to install these updates, however my phone "failed to initialize" and I was given the choice to cancel, retry or repair. However, none of these option accomplished anything and the same error message popped up many, many times. At this point I unplugged my phone, tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I plugged it back into my computer where i was told that there was no software on my phone (ahhhh!). At this point it recommended I install software, so I clicked yes, BUT, the process was unable to continue because my device would not initialize. At this point I received a message that simply said desktop software failed to install. 

I cannot turn my phone on and cannot install any software. Help! What can I try to deal with this problem?

Thank you so much, 

Hannah 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Desktop software failed to install

Hello HannahS

The latest version of the OS for your 9360 is 7.1.0.1033

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1905AEDAB9BF2477EDC068A355BBA31A

Remember to update your Blackberry via Loader.

Regards.

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.