Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
JonW
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Detects device but still not synching

I have a new Curve and I installed the software from the cd. It detects the device via USB, but nothing happens when I click the Synchronize now button. I want to synch with Outlook 2003.

thanks,

JonW

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

Re: Detects device but still not synching

Did you setup the synchronization features? You have to tell it what you what to synch between the PC and the BlackBerry. Let me know if you have any questions on how to do this.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonW

I did set up the Synching features like the Calendar, Tasks, etc. However, I did get that one working. I believe it was because I discovered Palm software on the computer. I uninstalled that.

But I have another issue. Trying to synch with Outlook 2007 on another computer. The synching process bar starts just a little bit, then it closes. I downloaded and installed version 4.5 of the Desktop software, same results.

Anyway suggestions out there?

thanks,

JonW

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

I have had a few people have problems with that version of DM. Try 4.2 service pack 2. It seems to be a little more stable. Let me know if that works for you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonW

No that did not work for me. It doesn't even detect the device when I plug in the usb cable. When I point it to the RIM folder, still nothing.

I guess I can try another version maybe 4.3?

In the meantime I am ready to start drinking heavily.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonW

I solved my own problem. Version 4.2 sp2 didn't work so I uninstalled that one and downloaded 4.3. Synching just fine now.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Please use plain text.