Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mpavitt
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Device error: 407

My Curve 8520 had been working fine for quite some time and then suddenly  no signal from anywhere.  I rebooted the phone and I get Device Error: 407.  It's not recognized by the charger or the desktop via USB.  Any ideas on what to do?  Desktop software says I have latest OS.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Device error: 407

mpavitt wrote:

My Curve 8520 had been working fine for quite some time and then suddenly  no signal from anywhere.  I rebooted the phone and I get Device Error: 407.  It's not recognized by the charger or the desktop via USB.  Any ideas on what to do?  Desktop software says I have latest OS.

Hi mpavitt,

Reload your OS.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
mpavitt
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Device error: 407

Reloading OS isn't working as described.

BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and launch the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. Click the Device menu and select Update...
  3. A dialog box appears and indicates that there are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available. Click View other versions in the lower left corner.
  4. The check box for the currently installed version is selected in the Available Versions list. Click the Install button.
  5. Clear the check box next to Back up device data.
  6. Click the Install update button.

Although I have Desktop 7 software, there is no Update in the Device menu.  I get a dialog box that says desktop software can't connect to device.  I click Update.. but just get a message that software is up to date, no other options.  No options to do an OS install.

Please use plain text.