Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
judywood310
My Device: curve 9330

Device is Locked

I can't get past this "device is locked" - i know my password. i type it in and nothing happens.

i can't get past this and i can't find a iemi number.

HELP>

Thanks.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Device is Locked

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please clarify exactly the type of lock you are experiencing. From your post, I can see it being either the user-created device lock password, or perhaps an MEP/carrier lock. But, since IMEI would have nothing at all to do with the user-created device lock, I am confused.

Please clarify exactly the steps you take to get to that point, and be sure to include the exact and complete content of the message presented.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
judywood310

It's the user created one. i press on the unlock field and nothing happens.

when it used to bring up the password field and i typed in my user defined password

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

"Unlock Field"? Hmmm...I am not sure what exactly you mean by that. Do you mean "unlock button" on the screen? What else is on the screen please? And the complete steps please? Example:

Pick up device from table (screen is dark) > press any key > prompt for password appears > type in password > press "unlock" button

Is that what you are saying you are doing? And, on the last step, nothing at all happens? Does the unlock button register your press? Does it change color the way it normally does? Something else happens at that point?

Exactness is needed, since I can't see your device...I have only your words to guide me to trying to understand your situation, and thereby hopefully provide you with useful guidance.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
judywood310

ok Sorry.  screen is black. i press the arrow next to the middle black button. it brings up a box with the msage device is locked.  Underneath it are options: unlcok, emergency, cancel. Unlock is shade din blue background.i press the middle button and nothing happens.  then the screen goes to my wallpaper and fades to black,

I think the unlock button is not regiserering my press because it eventually fades to black.

Does this help>

New Contributor
judywood310

Definitely pressing the middle button is not being recognized.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If the middle button is "emergency", why are you pressing that one? What happens when you press the "unlock" button?

In any event, please try a normal battery pull reboot -- with the screen ON, remove your battery, and wait 5 minutes before inserting it and allowing your BB to reboot normally.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
judywood310

Sorry i am talking about pressing the black roller button.  the one that lets you scroll up and down

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so then the on-screen highlighted button is "Unlock", but the physical scroller/button does not result in a press of the "Unlock" button on screen. OK. Does rolling the physical roller button change the highlighted on-screen button? Does anything you do with that physical button result in anything on the screen at all?

Did you try the batt-pull reboot yet?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
judywood310

figured out it was the trackball. Thanks!