Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Oldskool
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dialing in on someone's vmail system

How do you get the 8310 help you dial in on someone's vmail system.  When you dial a co after hours and you get their option Press # to go to our directory and then enter the first 3 characters of the person's first or last name?  How do you !) get on alpha only and 2) how do you remember what digit has that letter on it fat enough not to get cut off?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GreyGhost
My Device: 8320, 8700, 7105, 7100

Re: Dialing in on someone's vmail system

Go to your phone right now and from the phone screen hold the "ALT" key while typing. You'll see how it works.

This also works for numbers like "1-800-Lawyers".

www.e46fanatics.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oldskool
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dialing in on someone's vmail system

Thank you for your reply.  I think that I did what you said.  What I got was the letter on the key; not the number.  But what I am talking about is dealing only with the numeric portion of the pad just as though you were on an old desk phone.  The number 2 had ABC associated with it and 3 had DEF and 4 had GHI etc.  When I dial in after hours or the receptionist is away, that voice mail will often say "for our directory, press # and entere the 1st 3 letters of teh first or last name."

Could it be that you are telling me that the phone will convert the letters that I type to the approriate tone?  regardless of whether that letter is on the numeric portion of the pad?   that would be pretty amazing.

Please use plain text.