Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Sunanda
My Device: 9220 curve

Display issue

I bought my phone 20 days back and it shows a crack inside the screen . BB wsnt even dropped once or was pressed hard . My warranty is also discard. Where do I get it fixed from to avoid the expense of new display at a reasonable rate or other options to get it fixed ? Thanks
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Display issue

Hello

Did they say your warranty is void because they believe the phone was dropped.

I'd contact RIM and speak to someone there first if what you say is true. Do this first before proceeding. Phone your service provider and explain your situation and if they are unwilling then ask that your call be connected to rim.
New Contributor
Sunanda

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they are just sticking to the point it's been dropped. Infact it doesn't have a single scratch on my screen. So I just dont get the point of physical damage. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks
Super Contributor
f0xx386

The screen must be replaced, as I said, email Rim or phone them before proceeding. I've read of other cases of lcds that have this problem without it having been dropped.

New Contributor
Sunanda

Sir I tried but they are still sticking to physical damage . Help!
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello Sunanda

I understand your predicament, members on this forum are not employed by Rim, we offer our advice free of charge to other blackberry users. Even you are seen as a member on ther forum.

I don't know how else to assist you, even I had serious problems with my phone and y carrier refused to replace it.

I'm afraid you will have to replace the screen.
New Contributor
Sunanda

Could u help me with rim number or email id? I'll give it a last shot .. Since replaceable screen is very expensive it's 6000
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Super Contributor
f0xx386

Also you can try phoning your carriers help line for further assisstance. Its usually toll-free, in my country all networks have one. If yours offers it take advantage of it.
New Contributor
Sunanda

Hello sir, 

I brought my blackberry curve 9220 around 20days back. And the screen is cracked according to service centre people. There is not a single scratch on the display /screen of my phone . The phone wasn't even dropped nor pressed hard. Now the service centre has void my warranty saying it a physical damage. And now they are charging me RS. 6000 for repair. I'm a student I can't afford to pay such huge amount  inspite of not my problem.  Could you help me if there is a way to fix this or I will have to go to consumer court since this has happened twice with my new CURVE 9220 and perviously with my TORCH .