Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
northpole
My Device: gemini 3G
Accepted Solution

Do you know what my problems with my device are and how to solve them?

[ Edited ]

Mine is Curve 3G and running OS 6. I have it for 3 years now.

Never installed any themes. I have removed all languages, except for english and mandarin. Got third party apps installed, which are whatsapp and screen grabber. I also have youtube, twitter and yahoo messenger but I believe they're developed by rim. I have uninstalled the default games from the early days owning the device and never install others. I also removed the maps and blackberry world. They're useless anyway.

I don't store many photos and the ones I did are on my 2gigs external ram. I don't have any multimedia files. Just the defaults.

I join 1 group and it's not that active. I don't do multiple conversations. I end chats immediately after they're finished. The BBM contacts grow about 1 to 2 every month and the phone books about 3 to 5 every week. I am a salesperson.

I delete emails from the device as soon as I finish reading them. Never browsing because the browser kills every page before loaded fully, which makes me unable to use youtube.

I have memory cleaning scheduled to run every 1 hour.

I have to do battery pull every day because I'm tired waiting that clock or the freezing to disappear, which could take more than half an hour if I let them which of course would end up crashing.

Never having data back-up because the device freezes the second I connect it to PC with blackberry desktop on.

So the question is do you know what my problems are and how to solve them? Because I don't.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Do you know what my problems with my device are and how to solve them?

Hi nothpole

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your BlackBerry ! Before trying anything else can you try check a few setting or undo it on your device ?

northpole wrote:

I have memory cleaning scheduled to run every 1 hour.

First advise is to disable Memory Cleaner ! you don't need that , It can cause freezing and clocking. To disable it , From your homescreen go to Options > Security > Advance Security setting > Memory Cleaner > Disable that feature .After disabling it reboot your device do it by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On then wait for at least a minute then reinsert it back, your device may take a long reboot . 

Then monitor your device for the next few hrs. and check if you feel the same problem .

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
northpole

[ Edited ]

hello prince,

I actually set up memory cleaning less than a week ago. A friend advised me I should do that. He told me that it was some garbage in memory that keep making it crashing. So some regular cleaning is a must.

but I never removed the battery while the device is powered on. I'll do that after disable the memory cleaner and let you know later

Elite II
prince2012

Hi there ,

Well.. we don't need memory cleaner to be enabled , that feature is known to cause many issues ! 

Try a battery pull restart and let us know. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
northpole

Ok. here's the report.

I pull off the battery and after half an hour or so I put it in again and the BB works like it's new. After 2 days, it starts to get cranky again (freeze and the clock). More than 3 days, I have my old BB's problems. Soft restart or pull off the battery while its off don't help. Pull the battery while it is on does.

So what I do now is pull off battery while the BB's on once every 2 days. I do it before I sleep at night. And I have a BB with minimum problems for 2 days. I could live with that.

Thanks for the tips

Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

Thanks for your recent update !

Yes , Battery pull restart ( Removing Battery while Powered On ) is always considered as the best practice for all legacy BlackBerry devices , all legacy BlackBerry devices while on a long run loose or leaks memory and rebooting in this manner fixes such memory issues and also other software glitches . 

Good luck.