Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Does anyone know what these symbols stand for

I've had my blackberry for a few months and just recently was introduce to Blackberry Messenger.  For the life of me I cannot find anywhere what the symbols next to your messages stand for.  I've got a check mark, a check mark with a D, a check mark with an R, all kinds of different smiley faces, one with a clock, etc.  Does anyone know where you can find a list of these and what they stand for??
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Does anyone know what these symbols stand for

D means the message delivered.

R means the message was read by the recipient.

If the message is delivered to the recipient then you will see a clock on the icon if the recipient doesn't read it within one minute.  Once the recipient reads it the clock will go away.

If the recipient doesn't receive the message (he/she is out of service, on the phone, etc.) then you will get 3 little curved lines until the message is delivered and read.  You can also check the contact info for the status of the contact. 

Your CD should have had a full user's manual in pdf format that would have had all that in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Does anyone know what these symbols stand for

Thank you John,  I will check the disk again but for the life of me I couldn't find that info.