Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Telus

Does no one know how to help me with this? (was not user friendly)

Not user friendly

I have had my Blackberry Curve since last spring and still do not find it user friendly.  The online guide states how to make categories for the memo pad but stops there and does not explain how to save new memos within those categories.  I go back and forth and cannot figure out how to do it.   After pressing many buttons I finally manage to get it where it belongs but have no idea how and when I try adding another go through the same thing.   I had a Palm previously; it was so easy, just make the cateogry, click on it  and then click add new.    Now I click on the category, then new memo and after that the entry goes into outer space somewhere because I cannot find it.   Just clicking save does not work.    Sometimes I can find the entire list of items in every category but cannot figure out how I did it because there is no actual option to do that.  I often wish I had gone with a different smartphone but am locked in now for another 2+ years with basically a phone but nothing else.    I am still using the smartphone part of my Palm for data, memos, etc., because it is so much easier to use; unfortunately I cannot get another battery for it so its use wll be gone when the battery does.    .I wanted a smartphone so I just had to carry one device; now I am back to carrying two, a Palm PDA and a Blackberry phone.   .      

New Contributor

Re: Does no one know how to help me with this? (was not user friendly)

I guess no one else finds it user friendly either so cannot help me.   I notice most posts here get no replies so it was obviously a mistake to ask my question here.   I will continue to use my Palm for memos and data and forget entirely that my Blackberry is supposed to be a smartphone because it obviously is not.   It is just a very expensive phone with no smart to it at all.     I am locked into a contract so it will be 2+ years before I can swtich to another, more user friendly, device.  

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I notice that most posts don't get answered in here too. Personally it really upsets me that people come in here because they need help yet they don't receive it. What's the point of having this if you're not going to get helped? Anyway, I have a Bold so I'm not sure if they are the same.. I accidentally stumbled upon the category thing after a year of owning my phone. Here is how my memopad works: open up memopad, click your bb button (mine is to the left of the trackpad). There is an option that says Filter. This is where you make a title like say for example Food and all the memos you write about food will go into that "folder." Then when you actually open a new memo to create a new memo, create your memo and then click your bb button once again and the Category otion will appear. All your "folders" will now appear and you just click which one you want your memo to go into. Hit your back button, click save and it will save into that "folder." Then click your back button again to close out of your memo and click on save to save the memo. Let me know if this works for you!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

asongofpeace wrote:
I notice that most posts don't get answered in here too. Personally it really upsets me that people come in here because they need help yet they don't receive it. What's the point of having this if you're not going to get helped? 

Really? I don't notice that...indeed, I notice quite the opposite...the volunteers here try very hard to at least answer every post. Sometimes, amidst their equally-busy lives, they cannot or simply don't have anything useful for a particular situation. But I don't see that as a reasonable indictment of this entire site...but each can hold their own opinions, I suppose.

I'm glad you were able to provide this poster with some information...do, of course, understand that, since the poster was last in this thread way back in October of 2011, it may well be unlikely that they ever will see your helpful reply.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Actually I did get these replies in my e-mail, thanks.   However, I did finally toss the Blackberry and got an iPhone.  It is so much easier to use, right out of the box I was able to  make calls whereas it took me some considerable time to figure out how to even do that with the BB.     And the Memo section on it great, very easy to use, not to mention the other basic apps like calendar and contacts.   Very user friendly.    .  

New Contributor

I'm glad it worked out for you canadianxstitcher!

sdgardne:
Yes, I've done a few searches in here a few frustratingly different times and found my exact questions, opened the link, read the question and found no answers and the question was a few years ago. For example, yesterday I was looking to find out if there is a way to save your memos to get them off your phone. The person posted their question in 2009 and not one soul offered any kind of response. For the life of me I can't find it again to tell you the title and name of the user. Anyway, it remains unanswered. In my attempt to find it again I looked at another, posted Oct 11/11 from hannah102092 entitled "Backing up saved messages and MemoPad memos?" Not one soul has responded. Anyway, it reminded me why the last time I was in here I decided it was useless to come in here. Not to mention I seem to remember posting a question last year or year before and no one responded to mine either. In fact, I had to re register yesterday. Couldn't tell ya what the question was -probably found the answer elsewhere.
New Contributor

Correction, I didn't have to re register
Highlighted
New Contributor

I see in my unread messages I became a visitor December 6, 2011 so the post must've been made around there, however in doing a search on my username only this post comes up.*shrug*
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, I never said that all posts are answered. I said that best efforts are made by the kind volunteers here to answer all posts. But 100% is certainly not something that can be expected. Your "spot checking" has found several posts that were never answered, but "several" out of thousands (millions, perhaps? I really have no way to know the true total volume of posts) hardly makes a statistical impact. We have no tools to help us find old unanswered posts...once we've read something, if we have no answer at that moment in time, we have no tool to help us again find it (especially several years later).

Further, being a volunteer-supported user-to-user community, there is no SLA commitment of any kind...we do our best, and it saddens me that, for you, that has turned out to not be a positive experience.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I was just trying to make a point that a lot of posts in here do not get answered, pointing to your comment "the volunteers here try very hard at least answer every post. Sometimes, amidst their equally-busy lives, they cannot or simply don't have anything useful for a particular situation." The point is they should at least answer every post. There needs to be a better, more organized system in here. Some people come in here with genuinely serious issues. Thankfully neither of mine were. No one's question should go unanswered without SOME kind of response. There should be "qualified"/"expert" areas for each volunteer. I think this unorganization is failure on Blackberry's part. If you can't count on Blackberry for support who can you count on? Maybe a lot of people get their posts answered but a lot of people also don't. There should also be a disclaimer of sorts when a person registers to post in here stating that this site is volunteered based and while they do their best to answer every post some may get missed (or however they choose to word it) and encourage the poster to search other similar questions that may have been posted. It shouldn't be left up to volunteers either. I had some informattion on how-to so I shared what I knew. Perhaps in that "disclaimer" posters should be encouraged to answer other people's posts as well. There is probably a lot of people who leave the responses up to the "experts." There apparently aren't enough volunteers. Blackberry is making money, they ought to have actual paid employees and enough of them to help the people who've bought their product; afterall, we all could have purchased a different brand of phone but we chose theirs.