Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Does reconciliation have to take 3-4 hours?

Just purchased the BBerry Curve which replaces my Treo. On the Treo, you could push 'send/receive' and it would check for emails as well as reconcile with the POP3 server/ISP. i.e. if I had downloaded or deleted emails from the server (earthlink), then they would immediately be removed from the PDA.  I can't find a way to do that on the BBerry.  It eventually does this - but sometimes it takes up to three or four hours before self-deleting.  Pushing the reconcile button does not appear to do anything although a connection is being made.  Can you please help me to have the blackberry only show the messages that are still un-downloaded and/or un-deleted and delete the downloaded/deleted messages faster?  Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Does reconciliation have to take 3-4 hours?

1. there is no such thing as send/receive on BB, its all about push mail, comes in automatically.

2. reconcile works but not rite away, its not the priority, it takes few hrs as you mentioned b4 nessage gets deleted from BB, again its all about push email, receving your mail, everyhting else is secondary.

hereis how recociliation works: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

now you have to leave a copy of message on you rmail server to receive all messages on BB, or if you dont want to leave a copy onmail server, mesages will only show up on BB while your mail program (outlook) is turned off, other wise they will come in outlook ( some random messages can still come on BB).

you can set reconcile option on BB if you want to delete message on your mail server while deleting on BB.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Does reconciliation have to take 3-4 hours?

Thank you BBSingh - not the answer I was hoping for of course, but thank you for letting me the know the scoop.