Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Lex_Tek
My Device: Curve 8320

Re: Downgrading OS

[ Edited ]

I am a bit confused. Is JL_CMDR an executable that will open up and give me the option to wipe, or will the program automatically wipe my device when I open the .zip folder? I ask this because I opened the .zip folder and installed the JL_CMDR and all that happened was a command prompt screen open for a split second and closed as quick as it opened. The .zip file was downloaded to my RIM directory. I attempted to open with the command prompt manually, using the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, by the way I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit, not sure if this will affect anything. All attempts have failed, unless I am illiterate and cannot understand what the instructions are. This is really frustrating to me and I feel like there is no solving my problem.

Message Edited by Lex_Tek on 11-04-2008 08:29 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

JL_CMDR will work on a Vista 64bit system. Reliable source post with multiple links:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/jl-cmdr-83938/

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lex_Tek

Bifocals wrote:

Hi,

JL_CMDR will work on a Vista 64bit system. Reliable source post with multiple links:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/jl-cmdr-83938/

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Thanks for the link, I finally got the JL_CMDER to install properly, however everytime the program opened and I went to the final step, nothing happened. I attempted, literally, almost 100 times. I even atempted a suggestion from a previous post to use the command prompt to use the apploader, no luck. I guess I need to just give up and deal with my issues as best as possible.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

I wrote JL_Cmder, but have never tried it on Windows 64 bit. It is a simple batch file leveraging a RIM developer tool javaloader. Thus the name, javaloader commander. I know... Ingenious! :smileywink:

Try executing the batch file directly. You may need to modify the batch file to work with the different paths and variables that you get with Windows 64 bit. Try replacing any instance of %ProgramFiles% with %ProgramFiles(x86)%. Then again, I dont even know if javaloader.exe and choice.com are 64 bit compatible.

Good luck. Let us know if you get it working.

Doug

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lex_Tek

I've given up on this. I've read other posts that give  walk-around procedures to the JL_cmder, after a few agonizing weeks of no progress I am giving up. My last resort will be to get onto a 32-bit Vista system, or an XP system and attempt the downgrade. I appreciate everybody's help, if I do succeed I will post my results. Thanks again everybody.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Sorry we couldn't help further!

Please take a minute and resolve the post, ok?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.