Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jacv94
My Device: Curve 9300

Downgrading my 9300 from OS 6 to 5?

How can I downgrade my device from the OS6 to OS5? I've tried to download the device software, but I can't even see the OS5 on the update device menu in my desktop manager. Please help me.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Downgrading my 9300 from OS 6 to 5?

Hi jacv94

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

If you want to downgrade your device to OS 5 ,try it manually.You had to download an OS pack from Carrier site ,or try this :

1.Download the OS 5 you  from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers  or  Telefonica

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS 5 restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
jacv94
My Device: Curve 9300

I've installed the OS5 on my computer, but still I can't see the update on the loader, nor the desktop manager, need help :smileysad:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi jacv94

Please Search the loaction mentioned above from where you had to delete those VENDOR .Xml files ,If your are using Window 7 Go to My Computer > Click Organise > Folder and Search options > On Folder Options Click on View > Make sure " Show Hidden Files ,Drives and Folder " is marked.

Once it is done Search your C drive and delete those files then it will work.

Prince