Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
bobc13
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Downloading Blackberry Desktop Software

I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software for the Curve 9320 with my Blackberry connected to the PC. It's asking me for my password. I have three passwords that I know about - to unlock my Blackberry, to access voicemail and to access my provider account. It's not accepting any of these. Do I have another password I don't know about and how can I find out what it is?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Downloading Blackberry Desktop Software

Hello bobc13

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To download BlackBerry Desktop Software you don't need to connect your device to the PC, If you want to download the most recent version of Desktop Software then download it from here :BlackBerry desktop software

Regarding your Current issue ,If it is asking for the password as soon as you connected your device then its asking for your device password , you have to enter your device password , are you entering the correct password that you set on your device ? 

Think carefully you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

bobc13

• And you enter b > o >b > c > alt > 1>3
  •  the actual result will be
  • bobc1r
  • You must enter
  • b > o > b > c > alt > 1  > alt > 3

to get bobc13 on your device. So, in this example, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing bobc13, you are actually typing bobc1r . 

As you are keeping a device password so please do a backup of your device regularly , or else it will wipe your device after 10 ( By deafult ) incorrect password. 

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bobc13
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Re: Downloading Blackberry Desktop Software

Hi, prince2012,

I'm sorry I never thanked you for answering my BB question. It was indeed my misunderstanding of my password. When I first picked a password for the device I was thinking numbers when I punched it but later realized that I was actually punching letters so I didn't even know what my password really was! Thanks for your help!

bobc13

Please use plain text.