Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Talthybius
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Downloading Desk Top Software

Using Windows 8 and Blackberry Curve 8520 connected to PC by USB cable..

After downloading Desk Top Software to  the PC the  Desk Top Software Screen continues to show "Disconnected"  at bottom right hand corner. The Help screen Support Resources states no Blackberry Device Software installed on your computer. Have tried software update with same result. Canst advise?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Downloading Desk Top Software

Try uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Software and then reboot your computer. Once you've done that, make sure that the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is installed on your computer by checking to make sure you don't need to install it using the Windows Update software. Next, simply redownload and install the BlackBerry Desktop Software by going to http://blackberry.com/desktop.

That should get you back up and running.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
Talthybius

Thank you for your advice. However, the Add/Remove programme does not remove the Desk Top software programme. Nonetheless  rebooted pc and loaded Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5.  Attempted redownload of Desk Top software which ran until almost completion of  the final installation process when it stopped. Error message given 0xd255cf01 reference memory at 0x00001e48 could not be read.

Elite I
Krypto

Hi Talthybius,

I'm going to try to upgrade to Windows 8 myself tonight or tomorrow and I'll see if I can help out further.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
Talthybius

After a lot of investigations including Virgin Digital Help, the general consensus is that there is a fault on the phone and it is being sent back for repair. Hopefully all will be well shortly. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

Elite I
Krypto

Ok, good luck!