Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

CuteSkip712
My Device: Not Specified

Downloading Ringtones

I have followed the blackberry instructions as to how to get to the menu where I am supposed to be able to download ringtones.  However, when I get to that menu, it doesn't give me the option of choosing to download ringtones.  I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if I just can't do it or what but I need help because I just got my blackberry so it's still very new to me.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Downloading Ringtones

You can go with your browser device to www.mobile.blackberry.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

The site you're trying might not have supported tones for your device. You can try above mentioned site or download and copy any MP3 tones in your media card to use as ringtone.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

CuteSkip712
My Device: Not Specified

I'm not talking about a website, I am talking about the menu on the actual blackberry.  I don't have the option of choosing the download ringtone option like the user guide says I should.
Contributor
Legend_Of_Stone
My Device: Curve 8310 for AT&T v4.2.2.170

If I were you I would just forget about the software on the BB for downloading ringtones.  A great and free site to download ringtones is myxer.com  It's much easier than the ringtones app on the BB.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Go to menu, profiles, scroll down to advanced, normal or which one is active, phone, and in Ringtone you can use the preloaded or you can browse for any downloaded for you 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the F:smileyhappy:rums!

I agree with the above posts... 

its easy to go to www.phonezoo.com or www.myxertones.com and get your free ringtones and save to your memory card.  

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

CuteSkip712 wrote:
I'm not talking about a website, I am talking about the menu on the actual blackberry.  I don't have the option of choosing the download ringtone option like the user guide says I should.
Hello,

the user guide also explicitly says that the "download ringtone" option depends on your carrier.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: