Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
traff22us
My Device: Not Specified

Downloading pictures from Memory Card. USB charging current is not sufficient

Hi,

I've been trying to download all of the pictures off of my 8310's memory card but everytime I plug the unit into my computer (I've tried USB 1 and USB 2 ports) I keep getting an error message that says, "USB charging current is not sufficient". The battery is fully charged on the phone. When I go to My Computer the device isn't even recognized by my computer.

Any ideas how I can get almost 1 gig of pictures off of the memory card?

Why won't my computer recognize my phone?

Thanks for any assistance,

Troy

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Downloading pictures from Memory Card. USB charging current is not sufficient

The USB charging message is due to the fact that no BlackBerry driver is installed on the PC. You can install BlackBerry Desktop Manger to install the driver. Even without the driver you can access the media card from your PC. Just attach your BlackBerry to your computer and when prompted enable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry. You will then be able to see the memory card as a drive letter in Windows Explorer.
New Contributor
cyclealltheway
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Downloading pictures from Memory Card. USB charging current is not sufficient

Can you help me with kind of same problem, but mine is a MAC not a PC and my MAC does not see the phone when it is plugged in via USB but it does show on the system profiler as being connected?

THANKS