Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tamdew
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Koodo

Draining Battery - Timer Clock

I have a Blackberry 9300 that is suddenly showing a timer clock on the main screen which is draining the battery.  I've checked history in the forum and tried all the suggestions.  I have never downloaded any extra apps and all the apps that came with the phone are closed except the basics that remain open.  I have removed the battery while the phone is powered on and left it out for several minutes to hard reboot and reset it many times.  Nothing is working.  Any other suggestions?  It won't hold a charge for more than 6 hours.  

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Draining Battery - Timer Clock

Hi tamdew

Welcome to BlaclBerry Support Community Forums

Look at this Knowledge Base  Article and follow the Suggestion and see if that helps.

KB10307 : The Hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tamdew
My Carrier: Koodo

Is there any way to update my device software without using the Desktop Manager Software? My Mac OS is an older version that I cannot update and it is not compatible with the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi tamdew

If you are on Mac then you are limited only to your Carrier sanctioned releases.Look at this those Articles and which helps :

KB16068 :  How to update the BlackBerry Device Software through the web.  OR 

How to update your BlackBerry device software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac

As you are on Mac you need BlackBerry Desktop Software to Update or Reload your Device software.Please try it and let us know. Or you may have to find a PC to Update or Relaod your device software.

Prince

Please use plain text.