Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Byshguy
My Device: Curve 9330

Duplicate Birthdays

I recently synced my bberry with outlook, and now I have duplicate birthdays listed for all my contacts.  My phone is also synced with two email accounts, one of which is the account used by outlook.  The other email account has no birthdays and no contacts.  The phone is also synced with Facebook.  Any advice?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Duplicate Birthdays

Need a bit more detail.  Do you want the phone synced with facebook?

Do you want the 2 email accounts on there?  if not, which email account do you want?

Are the dupes showing in Outlook?  Just need to what your preference is before anyone can assist.

the two email accounts... what type of account do you have setup in outlook (hotmail, gmail, etc)

What is the second account (gmail, yahoo, etc)

1. yes, 2. yes 3. no 4. hotmail 5. hotmail (two different hotmail addresses)  Only my main email address is used through outlook. My secondary one is only used online or through blackberry.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Good deal, nothing needs to be done with facebook or Outlook.  The dupes are only on your blackberry from what you describe.

If you login to hotmail.com, is the duplicate information there too?  How many contacts are we dealing with?

This is odd.  There are no birthdays listed in my online hotmail calebndar.  Also, all the birthdays in my outlook calendar are listed from 10am to 10am the following day...a two day birthday.  Does that answer yout question?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Odd.  Let me ask for a second opinion.  I think Outlook is causing the problem, but there are three variables here.:  Hotmail online, outlook and the blackberry.

Are you using the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/microsoft-office-outlook-hotmail-connector-overview-HA0102...

What version of Outlook are you using?  I think the sync issue between outlook and hotmail has to be resolved first then the blackberry should pick up the changes.. let me ask around.

I have not been using that program.  I was using Blackberry's windows software for the sync.  I'm using Outlook 2007.  Thanks for your help.

If it helps at all, my bberry used to show two birthdays in the calendar.  I'm not sure what changed, but now it shows one birthday and then another event, which is the same 'birthday', but is listed as an all day appointment..

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey, just to let you know, mine got a messed up at some point also, and yours is not a new issue.

I've just had to go back and over a few weeks now and then, delete a few at a time. It comes somehow from syncing with Outlook, and resycing back to the BlackBerry. It's frustrated me, too.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code