Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jacklamberton
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Duplicate calendar entries after switching devices from 8700 to 8300

I now have duplicate calendar entries on my 8300 Curve after doing an initial synchronization with MS Outlook (2007 on Windows XP).  One set of entries came from Outlook Calendar and the other set from the old device (8700) - both sets are identical to each other. The Outlook calendar do not have this duplicate entries problem.  And subsequent synchronizations do not generate duplicate calendar entries on the device.

The 8700 was on TMobile and the new 8300 is on Verizon.   I used the BB Desktop Switch Devices wizard (version 4.7). there is even an email folder with the @tmo.blackberry.net address on it in addition to the @vzw.blackberry.net email folder.   Email Setup doesn't show @tmo.blackberry.net (so no way for me to delete the tmo folder).

Is there a way to globally delete duplicate entries on the device?   Or should I reformat the 8300 and then move all data from Outlook to the device via Synchronization?  If so, how do I reformat the 8300  (overkill here?).

thanks much.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jacklamberton
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Duplicate calendar entries after switching devices from 8700 to 8300

I just realized that I should have selected the One Way Synchronization (Outlook to Device) (instead of Two Ways) on the first synchronization on the device after Device Switch.     So I did a hard reset and did the one way synchronization on the first synchronization.  It worked like a charm - that is no duplicates!   :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.