Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Duplicate emails

I checked what you suggested and the Desktop (CMIME) UID is an  s####.    But I don't think I can change any settings through control panel as this is set up through a Network at my office.

I do also see my email in the Service Book list .... it is there twice (not sure if that matters)

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Ok, there you go.  Your Blackberry is activated with your company BES, therefore all the email, calendar, contacts, task and notes are delivery and sync to your device via the Blackberry Enterprise Server.  You are receiving duplicated email because you set up your work email with BIS (Blackberry Internet service) as well, therefore the BIS service will also push out another copy to your device.

If you receive duplicate email, open them and scroll up to the up of the email, your should be able to see one says Using: Desktop (from your BES) and the other one should say Using: <your email address> (BIS service).

To retify your issue, all you have to do is log into your BIS account and remove your work email, then go to the device service book and delete all the service books start with your work email address, e.g. <your email address> [CMIME], <your email address> [CICAL].

Hope this resolve your issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the "quick fix" .....   and an apparent easy one I can do without the need to involve TAC's IT Guru's!    

Now as fate would have it,  I got a strange email from BBerry this weekend saying my Password for the ampowers@firsthorizon.com needed to be reset and the account has become "INVALID".

Since then,   I am getting all of my emails AND they are only coming in once!    GREMLINS!   But I will still perform the tasks that you suggested just to ensure that the settings are as they should be.

I thank you very much for all of your help!   BTW I seem to recall having seen a place where I can click Problem Solved and give Kudo's, but now from within this email,  I am not sure how to accomplish that.

Very Sincerely

New Contributor

Hit a snag .... cuz now I did what you suggested and lost the Internet Browser!

I am at the BIS Page but do not know what to do,  It seems to want me to create an email account, which I had just gotten rid of.....

When I click on Service Books within the BIS page, it says NONE

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

You can certainly either create a "BIS" email address or setup with your personal email acccounts there.  As long as it is not the same address as your BES (work email) you will not get duplicate emails.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
New Contributor

Thank you! I needed to make the email address my Network Domain. All fixed!! Thank you muh!!!