Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
DMAllen

E-Mail Separation...

[ Edited ]

BB 8330

Is there a way to separate emails (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.) from the default "Messages" view without using a search filter as described in KB14683?

Thanx.

Message Edited by DMAllen on 03-16-2009 04:42 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09

Re: E-Mail Separation...

If you are on BIS only, each email gets its own icon, just hide the main messeges icon.

If you are on a BES, there are 2 options

1. Provide this KB to your IT BEs admin and convince them to implement it. Now this will do it for EVERYONE on that BES.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15003&sliceId=1&docTy...

2. order a program called BES Mailbox, does the same thing but only for you, and costs $20 one time fee. There is also a 10 day trial of it to see if its what you want before you pay for a serial key to register it.

http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan

Those are the two solutions, great info.

However, Don't expect educated BESadmin's to make that change right away, that does a change that has to replicate through the entire BES. if you have 1000 users, you have to push 1000 service books etc: Just don't expect your BESadmin to be quick to do this. And most BESadmin don't like to even go near the database if they can. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole in any of my enviroments, just heard too many problems with it. It causes more problems then it is worth.

How is that program, I've heard about it before but never used it, worth the 20 bucks?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DMAllen

[ Edited ]

This looks like what I'm looking for. However, how do I change the actual icon, as well as rename it? Right now, it uses the same icon you would see if you had setup a webmail (hotmail, etc.) connection and it is named "Desktop."

In the instructions, it mentions:

"...If you turn on this feature, a new message list application icon with the name typed in the Message service display name field appears."

Ideally, I'd like to change this newly-created icon to be the same as the default messages icon, then remove the default messages icon from the desktop.

Thanx.

Message Edited by DMAllen on 03-16-2009 06:08 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DMAllen

Bumpski...

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DMAllen