Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

E-mail Settings (Existing Users) Username?

Hello,

I was hoping someone could tell me if it is possible to delete the username that is used to log into the "Existing Users" heading during e-mail account set up.  I see onceyou log in as an existing user one can change the password but not the username. My service is via sprint and this is a 8330 Curve.Thank you to anyone who can assist or guide me in the right direction.

Hawks 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: E-mail Settings (Existing Users) Username?

Call the carrier this BIS account is associated to and ask them to either 'delete' the account or 'de-link' it from your Blackberry Pin Number. (Found under Options > status)

Once done, you can create ur own username from either the device or logging into the BIS site from ur carrier..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your instruction, I called Sprint and they deleted the username. I appreciate your help!!!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi Bumblepie,

You directed me to this post via my thread.  When you say to call the carrier, I am on Orange, but the previous owner was with Vodafone, do I call Vodafone?  Or Orange? 

Does this mean when I try to register I will be able to register my own details rather than receiving the error message 'This PIN is already registered' and then being bounced back?

Thanks,

G
Message Edited by Grangey on 01-13-2009 06:40 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

to release the PIN, you have to contact the carrier that had registered the PIN at that time.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have contacted them and the only way they can do that is to speak to the person that previously owned it.  Do you have any suggestions?

Rgrds,

J

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

speak to that person, or use your device a a paper weight.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: