Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

E-mail alerts to blackberry

I'm so confused! When I get an e-mail, I get a notification to my Yahoo account through Blackberry and I also get a new message alert on my phone... So I get two message alerts when really just an alert to my Yahoo account would be just enough. There is no way to stop it through Yahoo, I already contacted them and they said it may do with my carrier (verizon).. Any tips to stop the double alerts? 

Thanks!  

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: E-mail alerts to blackberry

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Are you accessing yahoo email through and application on your blackberry, or is it setup as an email account.

Please let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I registered my Yahoo account into my Blackberry e-mail account application. Does that make sense?

Thanks tons! 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

It would appear you have the yahoo email linked to your application your Internest service. Log into your BIS carrier site and delete the email so you will only have it on ur application.
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi! probably you're getting two notification because when a mail landing in your device it's going to your Yahoo folder (red * mark) and another notification (red * mark) is ariving in your messages folder. This done by design of Blackberry.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit