Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
johnsco
My Device: Not Specified

EarPiece not working

Hello,

New to BlackBerry (avid MS Mobile user).  Working on an 8330 Curve.  I have downloaded and installed the latest OS on the device.  I am having a problem with the earpiece set that came with the Curve.  There seems to be a short between the jack and earpiece stem.  For example:

When I play Pandora I will plug the earpiece into the jack on the Curve.  The sound will transfer from the Curve to the earpiece however about 26 seconds or so the sound will go out of the earpiece and the sound will come out of the Curve.  A couple seconds later it goes back into the earpiece. It consistently does this every 26 seconds.

Another example: When I go to Ringtones and sample the ringtones. I am not getting any audio through the earpieces all the sound is coming from the Curve.

I have pulled the battery thinking it was something needing to be reset on the Curve.  Still getting the same problem.

Just wondering if anyone has experieced this before.

Please use plain text.
lauritaminsd

Re: EarPiece not working

Hi , I had the same issue with mine. It looks like the earphone jack was not working properly so I took it into the repair center. They ended up giving me a new Blackberry.  You might want to take it in.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

might want to do a backup then a reinstall/upgrade of device software... this will eliminate a software issue

also try other earpiece to make sure thats not it, if neither of those resolve it, then its the plug port and you will need a repair or replacement

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnsco

Thanks for the response,

I did an reinstall of the software with no joy.

My account rep is supposed to deliver another earpiece I will try that and see if it make a difference.

Please use plain text.