Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8330

Earpiece distortion

Yesterday someone bumped into my locker at work and made my phone fall onto the cement floor. Ever since the earpiece has awful distortion, sounds like the speaker is blown. It has never had problems, and I've never dropped it, so I'm assuming this is what caused it. Does anyone else have the problem, or know of a way to fix it? I don't have insurance because I've always taken care of my phones. Does anyone know if RIM has a repair service, I'm willing to pay to have it fixed, just can't figure out how/where. Thanks
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Earpiece distortion

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums ibcourt54 Smiley Happy

If you have had your phone for under a year then I'm sure you can get a replacement. Most providers give you this service at no cost. Just tell them your speaker is not sounding right and they should replace it (I wouldn't mention dropping it lol!). If you are out of the warranty period then you will have to find an independent part seller. Horizon Wireless is an example where you can get a replacement speaker for $10: Horizon Wireless

Cheers,

Message Edited by kijanasmart on 07-12-2009 08:28 PM
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Earpiece distortion

I have the same problem too... Please help me. Where in the Metro (Philippines) can I bring my BlackBerry to have BB experts check it? (since it's still under warranty).

Everytime i make a call the earpiece's too loud even if the default volume is set to 25%. I can even hear myself talking...There's a crackling sound too.(maybe a result of the loud earpiece)

I got my phone last March and it started to act like this 3 days ago..

Please help me.. PLEASE? I so love my BlackBerry Curve 8520!!!

I don't go online that often so please if there is any help kindly SMS me @ (+63915)8044626 Globe

NOTE: That I didnt dropped my phone...(That's how I love it)