Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: vodaphone

Email Account Activation

I have a 9360, since Sky changed to yahoo last Thursday I have received no emails. When I tried to re- activate my account my sky password was not accepted.  Today I have successfully changed my sky password and both my ipad and my wife's HTC have accepted new password and e-mails are fine,but not my Blackberry it still says 'invalid password'?  I've tried battery removal whilst powered on and still no joy.  Any ideas?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email Account Activation

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Rather than attempting to change the stored password, I recommend you instead remove and re-integrate the account so that completely new settings can be configured for the replacement email service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Although I have an older BlackBerry model(Curve 8520) I have exactly the same problem and since I can't even get into my email settings because my device doesn't recognise my username and I can't seem to retrieve it form anywhere I am stuck. When requesting a new pass word it tells me that it has been successfully sent to my device but I can't seem to find it in any folders or accounts - neither on my device or on my laptop.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

JensRohrborn wrote:

I can't even get into my email settings because my device doesn't recognise my username and I can't seem to retrieve it form anywhere I am stuck.

Exactly which credentials are you referring to please? BB ID? BIS? Something else? Each have different resolution paths, depending on exactly which credentials you are in need of.

JensRohrborn wrote:

When requesting a new pass word it tells me that it has been successfully sent to my device but I can't seem to find it in any folders or accounts - neither on my device or on my laptop.

Again, depending on which credential set you initiated the password reset email from, the resolution path may yet be different. In general, though, password reset emails from BB systems are never forwarded to the device (for security reasons). You must have separate access to that email account so as to retrieve and process the password reset email. But do be careful in that the password reset email will be sent to the email account associated with whatever account (BB ID, BIS, etc.) that you are trying to work with...if, for example, you used a different email account on one from the other, then you'd need to be accessing the correct email account. 

Further, if you happened to use one of the "hosted" email accounts (e.g., @BB, @carrier, etc.), then those email accounts typically are only accessible from the BB itself and not via any other method. Hence, you have to place a forwarding rule onto that account (to an email account you can access from other than the BB), re-generate the password reset, then retrieve it from that other email account so as to process it.

So, with all of that, can you clarify your situation -- and/or find your way to the solution

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code