Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
cap1010
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email Options

I've had my BB Curve for about a month and I'm tired of seeing the sent messages showing up in my inbox on my BB for my Gmail account.  I can't figure out how to move them to a 'Sent Messages' folder.  I don't have options to create folders and don't have options to reconcile messages either.  How can I create a folder and a rule for this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,890
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Options

Read this:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/54675-how-prevent-g-mail-sent-items-be...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Just follow the steps in this KB article and you'll be all set: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10332
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cap1010

I went to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=alltel but it says my BB has already been registered so I had the password sent to me but I can't figure out where I can locate that message.  

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

If you bought your device from someone else and they already setup a BIS account, then that person would have to contact whichever carrier they had to release the PIN/account. Afterwards you'd be able to setup the acoount
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cap1010

This is a brand new phone from Alltel.  I just called them and they said that there is no way to configure it the way I want because of how Google works.  Any other help since I can't login to the BIS site?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Did you sign up for your email through the blackberry's email setup icon when you got the phone, or from Altell's BIS site? The password that was sent is sent to your BlackBerry device
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

So Altell didn't say why you couldn't log into their BIS site?

You can try setting up the filter on the device by going to Messages then hitting your menu button and choosing Options. Then go into Email Filters. In this screen, hit the menu key and choose New. Set up the same criteria and see if it works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cap1010

Yeah I added my Gmail account but they never had me setup a BIS account.  I did figure that out, got logged into the the BIS website, setup the rule but now the e-mails appear to be slower getting to me.  I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cap1010

jmrmb80 wrote:

So Altell didn't say why you couldn't log into their BIS site?

You can try setting up the filter on the device by going to Messages then hitting your menu button and choosing Options. Then go into Email Filters. In this screen, hit the menu key and choose New. Set up the same criteria and see if it works.

No, they didn't help me anymore than my sleeping dog.  I did get it to work finally.  Is there a way to create folders to file certain messages to go into and removed from my inbox?

Please use plain text.