Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Email Security

Hey Marvin here Curve 8530...
I am trying to tighten security on my device. I just do not want the typical "can I use your phone" person snooping inmy email... Not that I have anything to hide, just some things are private and I wanna keep it that way...

When I goto Email Settings > Options > Scroll down to Create User Name, this takes me to a Create a login screen which reads:::

Currently, without having a login, you have secure access to BlackBerry Internet Service for your email settings. If you decide to create a user name and password, you will be required to log in each time.
This will be a permanent change!

By creating a login for your BlackBerry Internet Service account, you will have access to your email account settings from a browser on a computer.

Complete the following steps:

1. Create a login
You must create a user name and password from your BlackBerry device.
NOTE: You will be required to log in each time you access email setup on your device

2. Validate email accounts
You must type passwords for all of your email accounts to resume email delivery on your BlackBerry device.

Then there is a cancel and a next button at the bottom which I have not hit the next button because it eads rhat this is a permanent change and do not want to permanently change device settings which I do not need...

Is this function something that makes me create a user name and a password to open my email from the homescreen?? I hope so because that's what I am wanting but I'm not understanding what that is... Will someone explain that to me please and thanks,,,
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Security

huntmarv wrote:
Is this function something that makes me create a user name and a password to open my email from the homescreen?? I hope so because that's what I am wanting but I'm not understanding what that is... Will someone explain that to me please and thanks,,,

No. That function creates a username and password for your mobile service provider BIS account, where you go to SETUP your email accounts pushing to your BlackBerry.

If you want a SINGLE password on your ONLY your email folder screen, check out EveryLock and iLock on AppWorld. I don't know IF they lock the email folder, I they do picture folders and SMS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code