Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Email Setting

that hv no option for me to setting up the e-mail account like google mail. only hv option for "Blackberry Enterprise Server". Please help

New Contributor

Re: Email Setting

My phone model : 8520 v5.0.0681
Elite II
My Device: Curve

Hello tyhore

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To setup personal email on pre BB10 device we need a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from our carrier . Once you activate it on your account your carrier will push those service books which will allow you or offer the Internet Mail Account or  personal email option . So Call or Contact your Carrier Maxis.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

fyi, previously i using the same model 8520 but older version, it hv the option for the internet email setting and i was very happy to use it for daily email transaction for the past 3 years. But once i change to this newly bought 8520 that have no way to setting up the email.
Elite II

tyhore wrote:
fyi, previously i using the same model 8520 but older version, it hv the option for the internet email setting and i was very happy to use it for daily email transaction for the past 3 years. But once i change to this newly bought 8520 that have no way to setting up the email.

But are you using the same SIM in which you have BlS subscription or are you sure you have an active BIS on your new device  ?

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services > What is the status ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

i using the same SIM and never changed anything just swap to new 8250.

the status show "not connected".
Elite II

tyhore wrote:
i using the same SIM and never changed anything just swap to new 8250.

the status show "not connected".

Have you used Desktop Software and used Switch device wizard to transfer all data and setting to your new device .Did you bought your new device from your own Carrier , Or is it an unlocked device that you bought online ?

You can try registering your device on your Carrier Network  :

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

You must receive the registration message in  your message box . If still BIS is not Connected then you should give a call to your Service provider to know about the issue , it’s your carrier who can look behind your account and give you the accurate information regarding this issue.