Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ashleighnicole
My Device: curve 8520

Email Validation - Invalid Password HELP!

Please, someone help me!

I don't generally get annoyed at Blackberry-related issues, but this is really bothering me!

Ok, here are some basic facts first...

I have a Blackberry Curve, 8520, that never has any real problems.

On it I have 2 email accounts - one hotmail, one OWA which I use for Uni, and is one of the main reasons I got the phone. Because I use it for Uni, I can't change to a different email server or anything like that.

And now to the problem...

About a week ago, I recieved an email on my OWA account saying "You need ro re-validate your email blah blah blah..." I had recieved this email a few months earlier, and when I did, I went into my email settings, pressed validate, typed in the password and that was that!

Now, however, when I do it, each time it says "Password invalid" even though its not! I tried various other passwords just to be sure, then went online and checked through my actualy account that it was infact, the real password and it is!

I have no idea at all why it keeps telling me its invalid!

In the email it said I could go on to BIS site and do it there... So I went on, created an account (because, as far as I'm aware i don't already have one, and when i asked to send username out just to be sure, it didn't arrive...) but I kept hitting the following wall: after putting in my details I kept getting told that my device was not registered and that to do so I needed to "houst routing table" which I did, but that didn't work and I kept getting the same message!

How am I supposed to fix my email???

I have looked until I can't look any more online! I REALLY NEED HELP WITH IT!

It makes Uni life easier when I can check my emails on the go.

Please, someone get back to me ASAP!

I try over and over and over to type in the password and each time, its invalid!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taylorhou
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Email Validation - Invalid Password HELP!

I'm having the same issues. I'm on a BB 9900 - just got my two gmail email accounts invalidated.

I thought they were compromised but when I logged in online, the passwords were fine. I changed my pw's for good measure and typed in the new ones to validate but I still get the invalid password error.

I did this on the BB email setup AND online on my t-mobile under blackberry services.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yunis_m
My Device: 9900

Same thing happend with me...

I've tried everything, but email via OWA doesn't work

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taylorhou
My Device: Bold 9900

i fixed the issue by deleting my email accounts and completely re-registering them.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yunis_m
My Device: 9900

Doesn't help(((

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashleighnicole
My Device: curve 8520

I've also heard that after deleting an account a lot of people can't get them re-validated anyway.

But it seems like I won't have any other options, so I may just try it. If that doesn't work I will have to either hope we don't have many important last minute emails like we have for the past 2 years, or see if I can get them diverted to my hotmail account.
Please use plain text.
pconge
My Device: Curve 9300

I have the same problem on my curve 9300.

I was able to receive mail from my owa account up til last week when this invalid password thing appeared upon validation.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
amyw2045
My Device: Curve 8520

My mum has the curve 9300 and asked me to help her when she received an email saying she had to reactivate her email address and password etc.

I had exactly the same problem and tried deleting the email account to add again but it is still coming up as invalid!!!

I'm getting very annoyed and the Blackberry website has not been much help as of yet!

Did you manage to resolve the problem?!

Please use plain text.
krystalb
My Device: Curve 9330

I've been having the same problem! This has happened before, and happens every time I do a software update.  My email has to be set back up and when I try to submit my password it says it is invalid, which it is not! I have no idea why it does this and the technical support people at Verizon are no help because I can't call from another phone so I'm just screwed for now unless I can figure out what the issue is. Has anyone else figured out how to fix it??? Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
lockleyhat
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Im getting this problem and cannot find anything that works. Also deleting the email and re-validating it does not work.

Please use plain text.