Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Sailsteve
My Device: Not Specified

Email address question...

I recently started work at a new company which uses Lotus Notes for email. Because of security issues (they say) they would not let me install the company email address on my personal ATT Blackberry Curve. Instead they issued me a company licensed BB, I am now carryng two Berries. Since then I discovered a way to have all my inotes desktop email forwarded to my personal Berry to my @blackberry.net address (it also of course shows up on the company issued unit).  Is there a way to respond to the emails forwarded from my company desktop to my personal berry directly to the original sender with the email address showing the company email account, not the @blackberry.net account? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hate carrying around two of these things.

Steve 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Email address question...

No there is no option as you mentioned. But what you can do is setting a "Reply to" for all the messages that you reply for your work email. To do so -
  1. Go to Email Settings icon on your device
  2. Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)
  3. Under Services click on Email Account
  4. Under your @blackberry.bet ID click Edit
  5. Type in your work email ID in the Reply To field

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Email address question...

Hi,

Just a different take.

You can get a gmail account, route your accounts, and use the options in Gmail that allow you to answer the email on the address you specify. Basically if an email comes into Gmail addressed to your work account, you can answer from your work account email address.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=22370

Just a thought!

Please let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.