Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Email going to two accounts

Just got my first Blackberry Curve on Thursday.  Set up company email works fine.  On Friday set up my personal email account which is through Cox.  It works fine also.  All day Friday I was getting emails from both in their perspective accounts.  On Friday evening I began receiving my personal email in both my company account and my personal account.  I am still only receiving my company email in that account and not in my personal account.  The only thing I did during the day on Friday was have a friend help set up messenger and something called "SMS And MMS".  What suggestion are there so that I will only receive company email and personal in their correct accounts.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Email going to two accounts

Hi and welcome to the forums!

go into messenger - options - general options and set SMS and email to seperate boxes

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals

In messenger, I could not find general options under options but in "SMS And MMS" I did locate general options.  It was already set for SMS and Email Inbox "separate".  I resaved it and tried again but my personal email is still showing up in my company email.

In my company email, under options, general options, it has "separate" selected for SMS and Email inbox

under the options, Email Reconciliation, it has:

Message Services:

my home email address

Delete On:    Prompt

Wireless Reconcile:  On

On Conflicts: Mailbox wins

And in my personal email it has the same information

Not sure if this helps any

Guru I

To clarify,

The messenger box should get all emails. What icons were your work and personal emails under when they were seperate?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals

Sorry I do not know that answer.  Company email is automatically set up by IT group with a special software.  My personal email was set up using "Personal Email Set Up" feature on the phone.  Any other suggestions to try?

Thanks for helping me.

Guru I

"All day Friday I was getting emails from both in their perspective accounts.  On Friday evening I began receiving my personal email in both my company account and my personal account. "

I guess I'm confused by that sentence, since all mail should be reflected in the one Messages queue, where were you looking for your email (both work and personal). Did you have two icons that you were lookin at?

New Contributor

Yes I do have two folders for email.  The first one set up by company, when scrolled over it, indicates "Messages".  The second one was set up using "Personal Email Set Up" and when scrolled over it, indicates "(2) my email address".  If you have any idea to help is appreciated.

Guru I

Do they look like globes with an envelope on top and your email address on the bottom?

What show's up in your message queue?

New Contributor

The "Message" cue, which I assume is a picture of just the envelope, is where I get my company email.  The place where I get my personal email has a picture of the world with and envelope behind it. 
Guru I

Yes the "envelope" is where all mail is supposed to go. I don't know how your IT guy configured it so that it doesn't show up there, sorry! I"m sure someone on the forum can help you. At least we have a better understanding of what the problem is.