Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
NickTruman
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

Email problem Curve 9360

Hi, I have a Curve 9360 with the latest OS installed, I have a btconnect.com email address that has been wotrking perfectly until BT migrated their service to Windows Live. Now the only message I can get on my phone is the "Action Required: Leave messages on the server" message.

When the service migrated i deleted my previous btconnect.com email account details from the phone and set up a new one.
However, the wizzard sets my username as just "ntrueman" and not the required full ntrueman@btconnect.com that is required for this service.
How do I change the default settings? There does not seem to be anyway to manually overide the BIS. It is also setting the pop server address wrong to pop.btconnect.com, which when i set to the required  Server name: pod51017.outlook.com - Port: 995 - Encryption method: SSL
it all fails on validation, until I can set the User Name as required by the server.

Cheers
Nick
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NickTruman
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Email problem Curve 9360

OK, I sorted it. I had to enter rubbish information into the wizzard so it gave up looking for a mail server, then you get the option to manually enter the correct information

Please use plain text.