Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
NeilH28
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: 02
Accepted Solution

Email question regarding rules setup in Outlook

Afternoon, i have a query regarding the following:

I have RULES setup on my Outlook emails whereby they go straight into ‘a folder’… and not my Inbox as such, thus they don’t appear on my Blackberry's Inbox? Can I update the Blackberry to show ALL messages that arrive through the exchange server not just the ones that sit in my Inbox???

Look forward to your comments.

Regards,

Neil...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Email question regarding rules setup in Outlook

You can select folders you want to sync.

Go to Settings >Accounts. Choose the account you're wanting to sync folders from.

Scroll down and select "Edit Folder Settings."

Choose the folders you'd like to sync. You can also choose "Sync All Email Folders." Some folders, like Deleted Items, won't sync but you should be able to sync the folders you created.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NeilH28

John thanks for the message however I'm unsure if I have a settings and accounts option?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm sorry. My mistake.

I have been answering Q10 questions and assumed you were on a Q10 or Z10.

Your 9320 will not sync folders, unfortunately.

The good news is that if you pick up a new Z10 or Q10 you can do just that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pipster123
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same issues. So I to can take it that the Curve 9320 doesn't synch all email files? I can't view sent emails that were sent from my pc and the deleted ones, from the pc, are still on the phone.It sounds like the sellers of such phones are lying, in effect half a job...what's the point of a phone that will not synch the emails fully in todays world?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pipster123
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

Does it synch any other email providers fully such as Gmail or Yahoo?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Syncing of folders over BIS/ has never been an option in the last 10 years. If you use GMail and have the enhanced Gmail plugin (which most BIS devices have now) then you can get the "labels" feature from Gmail. Otherwise, no subfolder mapping is available.

As I mentioned, the Q10 and the Z10 will do what you are asking.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NeilH28

I don't currently use any other provider through my Blackberry but all other emails received bar the one i have 'rules' setup for....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NeilH28

Reply; ok thanks (i think...) will need to get the company to sign upto the latest model it seems!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

The Q10 and Z10 sync folders quite nicely. I was never able to get subfolders working on my old BB's.
Please use plain text.