Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mlefty8
My Device: Blackberry Curve for Sprint

Email sync with Thunderbird or Outlook 2007

Hey all, I've spent hours on this, so I'm hoping someone can help.  I have the Sprint Blackberry Curve, and my laptop O/S is Windows Vista.  I'm trying to figure out how (if i can?) to sync my email using the Thunderbird or Outlook 2007 desktop applications and my Curve.  Right now I have gmail being sent to either Thunderbird (preferable) or Outlook 07, but I want to be able to reconcile my email on the Curve with the desktop application, not the gmail website.  Is this possible?  It was easy to do for calendar/contacts.  This is personal email, so I do not have access to an enterprise server.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Email sync with Thunderbird or Outlook 2007

Mozilla Thunderbird is today not compatible with any reconciliation system (email or address book).

• If you use Sunbird/Lightning with Google Calendar, you can synchronize your google calendar with your blackberry calendar.
  • If you use Google Mail in Thunderbird (for instance with imap), you can install GMail for Blackberry.
  • You can also configure BIS to synchronize your GMail account with your blackberry messages.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ez-b
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

You can do it, but it will cost you a few dollars. Go to http://www.mobical.net and sign up for a free account. It's a full-fledged online PIM, but you can just use the address book if you like. Funambol has a free Thunderbird sync tool that works like a charm, which you can get from http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=149326&use_mirror=osdn&filename=Funambol-Pim-Plugin-win32-v0.4.5.xpi&53502710. Set it up using the info at  https://www.mobical.net/mobical/application/MobicalApplication.html#gwt-faq. Once you've synced your Thunderbird contacts to Mobical, get either the Funambol or Nexthaus SuncML plug-in for your Blackberry, and set it up to sync with Mobical as well. You can get a free trial, after which you have to shell out ~$30 US to buy the plug-in. You can now sync contacts between your BB and Mobical (and other PIM info too if you like).. With the Nexthuas client, you can set up an auto-sync for, say, every 15 minutes (maybe with funambol too, i don't know). So now, you have your Blackberry contacts (+ maybe other data) being wirelessly synced with Mobical every 15 minutes. When you run Thunderbird, you now nice have a nice sync button on your toolbar that you can press whenever you want to  sync Thunderbird and vice-versa.

Enjoy!

Message Edited by ez-b on 08-21-2008 11:20 AM
Message Edited by ez-b on 08-21-2008 03:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

there is another discussion about Thunderbird too :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ez-b
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Update to my earlier post....

Even though mobical has a nicer UI, I have decided to use www.memotoo.com instead because not all fields were syncing correctly between Thunderbird and mobical (e.g., mobile number).

Message Edited by ez-b on 08-22-2008 10:05 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlefty8
My Device: Blackberry Curve for Sprint

Thanks for your feedback thus far.  I have tried looking at some of the suggestions, but do any of these sync Thunderbird email?  That is what I could not figure out.  Also, using Desktop Manager and Outlook 2007 with a Vista O/S, I cannot even select sync email...thanks again for any help you can provide.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

mlefty8 wrote "Also, using Desktop Manager and Outlook 2007 with a Vista O/S, I cannot even select sync email...thanks again for any help you can provide. "

Desktop manager will not sync email with any version of Outlook.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.