Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Adoannie
My Device: Curve 8330 Alltel 4.3.0.12
Accepted Solution

Email syncing WAS working, not now

I have 2 emails addresses set up on BB and they were syncing fine yesterday.  Now today nothing.  Usually when I turn on m BB in the a.m. the email messages just pop right up.  Nothing today.  I haven't changed any settings, so does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?  I'd been to each email, done the "Options" thing, been to "Email reconciliation" and checked everything.  All settings look correct.  Wireless reconciliation is turned on.

Could this have anything to do with daylight savings time that didn't happen this weekend?  I just read something saying I'm going to have to go through some process in order for my BB to understand the time change.  Please tell me that ain't so!

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Email syncing WAS working, not now

First try resetting the device by removing the battery for 1 min then replacing it. Afterwards the device will reboot in 1-3 mins. If if the emails start populating.

Go here for how to install the DST 2008 patch: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/articles/577/KB16182_f.SAL_Public.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adoannie

Thanks for the email help.

Now can you tell me just where I go on my BB 8330 to look for which version of the Blackberry Software Device I am running?  I just looked and can't find it.  Trying to see if I need to update it before I tackle the DST issue.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Go to options > about > your info will be displayed here....

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adoannie

Thank you.  Found it.

Went to the website regarding the DST issue and what I would need to do.  The instructions said I would need one of these software versions:

• BlackBerry Device Software 4.1.0.344 to 4.1.0.385 (except for BlackBerry Device Software 4.1.0.347)
  • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0.35 to 4.2.0.73
  • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0.73 and later
  •  

I am running 4.3.0.124.  Looks like I"m running a newer version than what they are recommending.  What do I do now regarding getting my BB 8330 to recognize the DST coming up next weekend?

Please use plain text.
    Elite I
    jmrmb80
    My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

You're fine. The line that read "BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0.73 and later" means anything past that 4.2 version, so you're good to download the DST patch
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
    Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
    Please use plain text.
    Contributor
    Adoannie

Well, DUH on my part.  Guess I needed for them to put that "an later" part in all caps.

Thanks for your help.  I'm sure I'll be back with something else in a few days.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.